Saturday, February 18, 2012



Anyone that knows me, knows that I am not nor ever have been a morning person! So this morning hub. comes into the bedroom and asks me if I am up. It is 7:30 am. He is like "you have to come and tell me what is inside the bird feeder. He is saying it is either a rat or a squirrel. I stagger out to the front windows, get my eyes into focus and take a look. There inside a closed feeder is a RAT!!! We can tell it got inside from the top which he moved. There he was chowing down on cracked corn, while the birds ate on the outside. Know one critter I hate is a rat, so I am like this has to go. He is like how will it get out, I said after it has it's fill it will climb back out. I just can not figure out how it climbed up a sheppards hook. So here it is full and tried to get out, it can't so I guess it started chewing the string which it was hanging by. But big surprise he was so fat from eating all that corn all he could squeeze out was his head. Well Hub went out and shot it and the bird feeder too. So I get a new feeder, and the rat was trown across the way to feed another critter. Everything here at the Rustic gets recycled lol. Smile. Oh and his demise was quick, so no hate comments from animal lovers because I am an animal lover, but not when it comes to vermin.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I was done eating supper! LOL! I am with you on the vermin. I had a farmette and you have got to control them or they will get you! I'm in a neighborhood now but the guy across the street had to come over and mow behind me for whatever reason I do not know and stirred them up. I got rats or voles all over my yard digging holes and tunnels. I had to call Terminex to come out as they were getting under my porch and next they'd be in the house! My dogs would kill them on the farm if they spotted them but they would never eat them...what does that tell you! LOL! I'm an animal lover too but not vermin that carry disease and destroy vehicle wires and can cause house fires by chewing your wiring. Hope that's the last of them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! what a lovely blog. I like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walmart sells a bird feeder with a metal wire cage on a spring that slides down when a squirrel lands on it, preventing them from emptying the feeder. I am not sure if a rat is heavy enough to slide the cage over the feeder, but I suspect it is.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are obviously not an animal lover if you consider any animal to be vermin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, I think that little rat you killed had only been reading what you wrote in your "About Me" where you so warmly stated about your Rustic Ranch....Gods Country..., a place where ALL animals, tame and wild, are welcome.... uh huh, unless you're a rat.... killing an innocent little critter while he's just trying to eat is inhumane. Shame on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a way to start a morning.

    Women's every belongings when they go outside are in their handbags. If they lose it, they lose everything they brought. Now, companies offer handbag insurance to cover for that so it would be a smart investment to apply for one.

    ReplyDelete