Wednesday, August 26, 2009





Not much happening here, rain today so sorta veggin. Have done up some tomatoes, and a batch of stuffed peppers, but so far garden hasn't done too well. Took a few pics, one is of wild black-eyed susans and the other of some eldeberrys.



I have my Mom visiting for two weeks, her once a year trip here to PA. She is bored because she isn't doing too much, I want her to relax!!! So she reads (a bunch), does crosswords, and watches she soaps. She is already dreading when the one soap the Guilding Light goes off the air sometime in Sept. Says she has watched it since she came to the U.S. back in the early 1950's. Helped her learn English lol. I don't even let her cook, even though there are a few oldies, but goodies from my childhood I would like her to make. Made from scratch apple streudel, and a dumpling that has a pitted dark purple plum (ones that turn into prunes) inside, then is dropped into boiling water, when done it is rolled in a sugar bread crumb mixture, yummy. Maybe next year.



For now all you out there SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment