Friday, February 13, 2009


The snow has returned here in the northeast! Atleast we had alittle thaw and most of the snow and ice are gone. But we are still in the grips of winter to atleast March 20th. lol So I figured a bright yellow flower would cheer things up. Since I won't be doing too much outside today, just the usual chores in the evening. The horses are in today, just too much mud and yuck for them to be out. We are getting to the time of year I hate more then winter, this is early spring when things here turn to MUD!!!! And I do mean suck your boots off mud. Anyone who has animals and has to do chores knows what I mean by this. Atleast over the years we have gotten rid of alot of the muddy spots there are still some to be found. And those horses of mine do find them, and roll in it and come back dripping with it. Soon they will be starting the shedding process too. I noticed the other night that Oreo's hair is starting to stand up on his back so I pulled alittle and came away with horse hair in my hand. So I will start the daily chore of brushing the boys, which they truly enjoy.
I am ready for the warmer days as are my house plants, they all look punky right now, need the sunshine and fresh air they get by being outside. But even though they are inside they are still trying to bloom for me.
GARDENING, LAWS OF: 1. Other people's tools work only in other people's gardens. 2. Fancy gadgets don't work. 3. If nobody uses it, there's a reason. 4. You get the most of what you need the least.
from the Official Rules

No comments:

Post a Comment